Whole Chicken Tawa Recipe is basically dry, marinade and fried chicken with several authentic spices in it.
Cooking Time: Appr. An Hour
Serves: 4 People
1 medium size whole skinless chicken
2 green chillies
50g fresh coriander with stem
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
4 medium size tomatoes
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ tablespoon cumin seeds powder
½ teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chaat masala
4-5 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
How To Cook Whole Chicken Tawa Chicken:
1. Wash the chicken and give a cut from the back to open it up but don’t cut in 2 pieces.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add garlic and ginger paste, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Rub the garlic-ginger mix to the chicken well and leave it to marinade for 30 mins.
4. Chop the chillies roughly. Chop the tomatoes. Chop the fresh coriander with stems.
5. Heat the oil in a wide frying pan or tawa. Place the chicken upside (front side on top), cover with big and deep lid. So chicken can cook in the steam without losing any steam out. Cook on medium heat for 12 mins on medium to high heat. So chicken can get brown.
6. Flip the chicken and cook for further 12 mins on medium to high heat.
7. Flip the chicken again. Add the chopped chillies, tomatoes, coriander, cumin powder, garam masala powder, red chilli flakes and freshly crushed black pepper. Cover the lid (no need stirring at this point) and cook for 10 mins on medium heat.
8. Now use the spoon to take the gravy from the frying pan or tawa and pour to the chicken. Do it several times. Cook the tawa chicken for further 5 mins and repeat the pouring gravy again.
9. Flip the tawa chicken again and pour the gravy on the top. Cook the tawa chicken fry for further 10 mins on medium to high heat.
10. Sprinkle some chaat masala on tawa chicken fry before serving it.