Tindora Fry (Tindora Recipe) is ivy gourd curry (tindora curry). This Tindora Recipe is one of the Gujarati recipes. Tindora curry recipe is also known as tindora nu shaak and giloda nu shaak in Gujarati.
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
250 gram tindora (ivy gourd)
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon jaggery or sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 spring curry leaves
2 tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
How To Cook Tindora Fry (Tindora Recipe):
1. Wash the tindora (ivy gourd) and cut the both ends. Cut the tindora (ivy gourd) in long strips. Separate the curry leaves from the spring.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida powder.
3. Add the tindora (ivy gourd). Stir fry the tindora (ivy gourd) and cook for 10-12 mins covering the lid on it. When you lift the lid for stirring the tindora (ivy gourd), let the steam water go into the pan.
4. Add the curry leaves and turmeric powder. Stir and cook for a minute.
5. Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, jaggery and salt. Stir and sauté the tindora curry for 5 mins.
6. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve tindora nu shaak (giloda nu shaak) hot with chapatti or paratha.
You can add boil tindora for 10 mins and reduce the cooking time when you make tindora curry.
Potato wedges can be added to this recipe, Cut the potato in thin wedges. Add before adding tindora (ivy gourd) and cook 10-12 mins before adding tindora or you can boil it to reduce cooking time when you make tindora fry curry.