Stuffed Pepper Recipe is also called bhari hui mirchi. Stuffed Pepper recipe is a simple side dish.
Cooking time: App. 20 Minutes
Serves: 3 People
3 medium size green peppers
150 gram gram flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon asafoetida (hing) powder
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 tablespoon chopped fenugreek leaves
1 small tomato
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Wash green pepper and dry in kitchen towel.
2. Trim it and give a cut lengthwise without separating in two pieces.
3. Chop tomato in very fine pieces.
4. Chop coriander and fenugreek leaves.
5. Heat the pan and add gram flour, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and garam masala.
6. Mix everything together and keep stirring the mix for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
7. Now add 2 tablespoon oil, salt, lemon juice and chopped tomato in the pan and cook another 4-5 min (keep stirring).
8. Now add chopped coriander and fenugreek and mix it. Sprinkle some water in the mix and mix it.
9. Stuff peppers with the gram flour mix (See the 1st picture).
9. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add peppers and fry for 3 -4 minutes on both side. If you have any left over from the gram flour mix, add it as well.
10. Turn off the heat and serve stuffed peppers on the plate and sprinkle the left-over of gram flour on the top.