Stuffed okra recipe is also called bhari hui bhindi. Bhari Hui Bhindi is a simple side dish.
Cooking Time: App. 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
350 gram whole fresh Okra (Bhindi, lady’s fingers or gumbo)
100 gram gram flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon asafoetida (hing) powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 small tomato
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash okra and dry in kitchen towel.
2. Cut the top and bottom end of okra. Now Trim it and give a cut lengthwise without separating the pieces.
3. Chop tomato in very fine pieces.
4. Heat the pan and add gram flour, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and garam masala.
5. Mix everything together and keep stirring the mix for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
6. Now add 1 tablespoon oil, salt, lemon juice and chopped tomato in the pan and cook another 4-5 min (keep stirring).
7. Stuff okra with the gram flour mix using your fingers (See the 1st picture).
8. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add okra and fry for 2 -3 minutes on each side. If you have any left over from the gram flour mix, add it as well.
9. Turn off the heat and serve stuffed okra on the plate and sprinkle the the left over of gram flour on the top.