Stuffed Chillies (Indian Stuffed Peppers) are stuffed with gram flour mix. Dried coconut powder and sesame seeds in the stuffed peppers give extra flavour to this recipe.
Cooking Time: Appr. 10-15 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
For the stuffed chillies:
8-10 Poblano peppers (chillies) or any chilli you wish (mirchi)
2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
1 tablespoon dried grated coconut (narial)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (nimbu ras)
2 teaspoons sugar (chini)
2 teaspoons coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 teaspoon salt (namak)
A pinch of asafoetida (hing powder)
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (hara kata dhania)
For the tempering:
How To Cook Stuffed Chillies (Indian Stuffed Peppers):
1. Wash and wipe the chillies.
2. Slit the chillies length-wise and remove the seeds. Keep aside all chillies.
3. For Indian stuffed peppers recipe stuffing: In a small mixing bowl take the sesame seeds, dried grated coconut, asafoetida, gram flour (besan), lemon juice, sugar, coriander powder, salt, garam masala powder, oil, water and chopped coriander. Mix well to make loose dough.
4. Stuff the chilli with the gram flour mix. Keep aside stuffed chilli and finish stuffing all chillies.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds.
6. When the sesame seeds crackle, place the stuffed chilli one by one in the pan. Place the lid on the pan and turn the heat down to medium.
7. Flip the chillies 2-3 times where it is not cooked. Stuffed Chillies will be cooked in 8-12 mins (depends what chilli you use).
Serve the stuffed chillies recipe warm as a starter or side dish.