Spinach Cauliflower Curry is very healthy curry recipe. Spinach cauliflower curry can be eaten as side dish or main dish.
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
1 medium cauliflower
2-3 bunch of fresh spinach (around 400g)
1 tablespoon garlic-ginger paste
1 green chilli
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower in medium florets.
2. Wash and chop the spinach finely without stems. Chop the chilli finely.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle, add chopped green chilli and garlic-ginger paste. Stir for at least 30 secs or until they start turning to light brown.
4. Add the cauliflower florets and mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 5 mins. Stir in between.
5. Add the finely chopped spinach and cook further 5 mins covering the lid. Stir in between.
6. Add the tomato paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Cook until spices are cooked and all water absorbed.
7. Add the garam masala powder to the spinach cauliflower curry and mix well. Cook for further 2 mins.
8. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve spinach cauliflower curry hot with chapatti, paratha, naan bread or with dal and rice.
You can add 1 chopped onion, if you wish to add in Spinach cauliflower curry. Add chopped onion after adding chopped chilli and garlic-ginger paste. Stir in between and cook until it gets transparent.
You can add frozen chopped spinach instead of fresh spinach in the spinach cauliflower curry.