Roasted Chicken With Vegetables Recipe is a perfect Sunday roast dinner. All vegetables are roasted along with chicken and its juice.
Cooking Time: Appr. An Hour And Half
Serves: 3-4 People
1 whole small chicken
1 fresh lemon
1½ garlic head
2 large red onions
A stick of butter
A few rosemary springs
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Salt the chicken well overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Rinse and dry well the chicken next day.
3. Mince one head of garlic and mix well with one stick butter. Keep aside.
4. Coat the Olive Oil and Lemon Juice (squeezed from a fresh lemon) to the chicken.
5. Stuff the chicken cavity with the remaining used lemon halves and a couple of rosemary springs.
6. Insert the garlic butter under chicken skin, if possible otherwise just rub over the skin.
7. Cut the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cut the garlic cloves in halves from the remaining half of garlic head.
8. Salt and pepper the chicken.
9. Place the chicken in a rack above a roasting pan or on the side of roasting pan.
10. Add the potatoes, carrots, garlic pieces and onions to the bottom of the pan or on the side of chicken, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add some rosemary spring with vegetables.
11. Roast the chicken and vegetables at 180 degree C for 45 min. Baste the chicken and stir the vegetables every 15 mins.
12. Then lower the heat down to 120 degree C and roast the chicken with vegetables further 25 minutes, basting twice more times.
Serve Roasted Chicken With Vegetables Recipe as Sunday dinner or whenever you like to.