Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (carrot and butternut squash soup) is very healthy soup and This simple and easy butternut soup can be made with other vegetables as well.
Cooking Time: Appr. 40-45 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
1 medium butternut squash
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon curry powder (or ½ teaspoon garam masala and ½ teaspoon chaat masala)
1 bunch spring onion
¼ cup green peas
1 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon chopped coriander for garnish
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and dice it.
3. Add the squash to a baking tray with 1 tablespoon olive oil, coriander powder, chilli powder, curry powder (or garam masla and chaat masala) and cumin powder. Mix to coat then roast butternut squash for the soup in the oven for 20 to 25 mins, or until it is soft.
4. Peel the carrots, onions and chop it. Chop the garlic and spring onion.
5. Heat the remaining oil a pan on a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, chopped carrot, chopped spring onion and chopped garlic. Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until it is soft.
6. Add the roasted butternut squash to the pan. When it starts boiling, add some water. Cook it for 5 to 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are soft and cooked well. Add milk and cook for 3-4 mins.
7. Add salt and lemon juice and blend with a hand blender or in a food processor until this easy butternut squash soup is smooth.
8. Finally garnish creamy butternut squash soup with some chopped coriander.
Serve this curried butternut squash soup hot as a starter with bread rolls.
Use one red pepper to make red pepper and butternut squash soup and one sweet potato to make sweet potato and butternut squash soup.