This Rice Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe is cooked in cheddar cheese sauce.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
1 medium size broccoli
1 cup long grain rice or jasmin rice
2 cups cheddar cheese sauce
3-4 garlic cloves (optional)
1 large yellow onion
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 small vegetable stock cubes
2 tablespoon olive oil
Pepper for seasoning
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Soak the rice for half an hour in the water. Boil the rice in 2 cups of salted boiling water until half-cooked.
2. Drain the excess water and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 220 degree C.
4. Cut the broccoli in small or medium florets.
6. Chop the yellow onion and garlic.
7. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chopped garlic and stir for a minute.
8. Add the chopped onion and stir fry till onion is transparent.
9. Mash the vegetable stock cubes with your fingers and add to the pan. Stir well.
10. Add the broccoli florets, stir fry and cook for a minute.
11. Add cheddar cheese sauce, mix well, bring it to boil and cook for 2 mins on slow heat. Add the salt, if it is required and season the pepper.
12. Add the half-cooked rice to the pan and mix well.
13. Transfer rice broccoli cheese recipe to the casserole pot or greased baking tray. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
14. Bake the rice broccoli cheese casserole recipe for 30 mins.
Serve the rice broccoli cheese casserole recipe warm as a main dish with your choice of side dish.
You can omit cheddar cheese sauce and add 1 tinned cream of mushroom soup in the rice broccoli cheese casserole recipe.