Rava Kesari Recipe is very easy Indian sweet recipe made from semolina (rava).
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
1 cup semolina (rava)
1 cup sugar (or more as per your taste)
¾ cup ghee (clarified butter)
3 cups boiled and warm water
10-12 split cashew nuts
½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
½ teaspoon saffron strands (kesar)
1. Roast the semolina (rava) for a minute till it gets slightly heated in a pan.
2. Heat a little ghee in a pan. Slightly fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
3. Soak the saffron in warm water, so it releases the colour and aroma.
4. Now heat the remaining ghee. When ghee is heated, add the rava. Fry for a few minute on medium heat. Keep stirring.
5. Add the boiling water to the rava and saffron water with strands. Be cautious when you add boiling water as the rava will start bubbling very fast. Simmer the rava kesari and cook until rava is cooked.
6. Once the rava gets cooked, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves properly. Add the cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
7. Garnish rava kesari with cashew nuts and raisins. Let it stand for 3-4 mins before serving.
Serve rava kesari recipe warm as a dessert.
In original rava kesari recipe the orange colour is used. If you don’t want to add saffron, add a pinch of kesari powder (orange colour) to the rava kesari.