Radish Curry (Mooli Curry) is cooked with spinach, red onions, green pepper in the gram flour (besan) gravy. Radish Curry also known as mooli curry, mooli ki sabzi, mooli sabzi, mooli ki sabji, etc…
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
1 big radish with leaves (mooli) or 3-4 baby radish with leaves
1 bunch of spinach
2 red onions
1 green pepper (capsicum)
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and Peel the radish (mooli). Chop the radish leaves and spinach. Chop the green pepper (capsicum). Cut the onions in big chunk. Chop the garlic cloves.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add chopped garlic and stir it.
3. When garlic turns to lightly golden brown, add onion chunks. Stir and cook for 3-4 mins.
4. Add chopped radish (mooli), chopped radish leaves and green pepper (capsicum). Stir well and cook for 3-4 mins.
5. Add chopped spinach and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add all spices and salt and cook for 5-8 mins.
7. When radish (mooli) is cooked, add gram flour (besan) and mix well.
8. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the gram flour and allow it to blend in and cook for 2-3 mins.
9. Finally turn the heat off, cover the pan with the lid to absorb spices together. Leave for 5-7 ins covering the lid before serving.
Serve radish curry recipe hot with chapatti or paratha.