Puri is a deep fried Chapatti and Puri is one of the indian bread recipes.
Cooking Time: App. 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
250 gram wheat flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
Oil for frying
Water as needed
1. Boil the water in the kettle.
2. Place the flour in a large bowl. Make a hole in the middle of the flour, add the salt and mix it. Now add one tablespoon oil and mix it with a spoon.
3. Now make another hole in the middle of the flour. Add some boiled water and mix it with a spoon as it will be too warm to touch with hand.
4. Add some more water and keep mixing with spoon. Do not add too much water as you need to maintain the consistency to form the mix.
5. After few mins you can use your hand to mix it properly and make it into a smooth dough. All the flour should be turned into dough.
6. Now take a small bit, roughly the size of a walnut. Press it in-between your hands and spread oil over it with your fingertips on to both sides.
7. Roll it on a rolling pin. If you need to spread more oil to ease the rolling process, do it as the dough can be very sticky.
8. Keep rolling until it gets 2 ½ times bigger than the original dough size.
9. Heat the oil in the pan (half of the pan); once the oil heated, gently lift the puri and add gently into the heated oil (please be cautious as oil is hot). As soon as it starts to puff, turn it over. Leave it for a few secs and then take it out.
10. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
Serve hot with curry or a cup of tea.