Prawn Masala is a fish dish. This prawn masala recipe is cooked with potatoes and aubergine. This prawn potato curry recipe is normally eaten with rice.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
20 fresh king prawn (remove the shell and clean it)
2 medium potatoes
1 fenugreek seeds
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
2 table spoon chopped coriander
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Peel the potatoes and cut in small cubes.
2. Dice the aubergine.
3. Chop the tomatoes.
4. Now heat the oil in the pan. Add fenugreek seeds, wait until it get bit darker and then add ginger paste and garlic paste and cook it for 2mins.
6. Add potatoes and aubergine and cover the lid and cook it for 10 mins. Keep stirring in between.
7. Now add tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chopped coriander and cooks it for 2-3 mins covering the lid.
8. Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook for another 2-3 mins.
9. Now prawn and cook it for another 2 mins with lid on and stirring in between.
10. Add water, if you wish and cook it for 8-10 mins.
11. Finally turn off heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with Nan bread or chapatti or rice as a main dish or a side dish.