Potato Yogurt Curry (Dahiwale Aloo Curry) is a one of the farali recipes for the fasting. This Potato Yogurt Curry is cooked with ingredients which are allowed during the fasting (upwas).
Cooking Time: Appr. 15 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
4 medium potatoes
1 cup plain yogurt
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 small cinnamon stick
4 green cardamoms
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoon oil
¼ teaspoon saffron (kesar)
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon chopped coriander
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Boil the potatoes, peel and cut in cubes.
2. Chop the tomatoes and chillies finely. Peel the ginger and grate it.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add green cardamoms, cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
4. Add chopped chillies and grated ginger. Stir for a minute.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are cooked appr. 3-4 mins.
6. Meanwhile whisk the plain yogurt with saffron with some water.
7. Add the salt, chopped coriander and sugar and cook further one minute.
8. Add the yogurt mix. Mix well and bring it to boil.
9. Now add potato cubes and cook for 3-4 mins or until the gravy get thicker.
Serve potato yogurt curry with rajgira puri hot as a farali subzi.