Potato Dumplings Recipe with tomato sauce is very delicious side dish or main dish. This potato dumplings recipe is cooked as aloo kofta curry recipe.
Cooking Time:Appr. 40 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
For Potato Dumpling:
4 large potatoes
½ cup plain flour
2 tablespoon gram flour
2 green chillies
½ inch ginger
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon chaat masala
1 teaspoon sugar
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
For Tomato Sauce:
1 cup tomato puree
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ cumin seeds
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garlic-ginger paste
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped coriander for garnish
Water as needed
1. Peel the potatoes and grate them.
2. Boil with water for 2 mins.
3. When it cools down, squeeze the water out from grated potatoes.
4. Peel the ginger and chop it. Chop the green chillies.
5. Take grated potatoes in a large bowl and add chopped ginger, chopped chillies, chaat masala, garam masala, chopped coriander, sugar and salt. Mix well.
6. Now add gram flour and plain flour and mix it well. Add some water, if you need to. The mixture should be thick not runny.
7. Now Heat the oil for frying potato dumplings. Take two spoons, and spread some oil on spoons. Take the potato dumpling mix with one spoon and put in another spoon and make round ball.
8. Deep fry all potato dumplings (aloo koftas) on medium heat until it turn brown. It will turn out like gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings).
9. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When it crackles, add ginger and garlic paste.
10. Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook it for 5-7 mins.
11. Now add some water (depends how thick gravy you want) when its start boiling add all potato dumplings (aloo kofta) and cook it for 5 mins.
12. Finally turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot aloo kofta curry as side dish or a main dish.