Paneer Tikka Recipe is popular paneer starter dish. Paneer is grilled with marinated yogurt and spices. The ingredients list looks long but very easy to make once you have all ingredients together.
Cooking Time: Appr. 10-15 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
350 gram paneer
1 green pepper (capsicum)
1 tomato (slightly raw, hard skin)
1 teaspoon butter
¼ teaspoon carom seeds
1 teaspoon gram flour (besan)
½ cup thick yogurt
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon mustard oil
5-6 wooden skewer (depend of size of skewer)
Salt to taste
1. How to make paneer tikka: Heat the butter in a pan. Add carom seeds and add gram flour. Roast until get gram flour smoky flavour. Blend it to make smooth paste with little water.
2. In a large bowl, add yogurt, gram flour paste, chilli powder, kasoori methi powder, garam masala, lemon juice, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
3. Soak the skewer in the water.
4. Cut the paneer in ½ thick cubes. Cut the green pepper and onion same size. Cut tomatoes in cubes but remove the seeds or juice.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and add this mix straight way to yogurt bowl. Mix this mix well until all spices mix together.
6. Add paneer in the bowl and coat with the spice mix. Add other vegetable cubes as well and mix and coat with the spice mix.
7. Arrange vegetable following same order in the skewer.
8. Preheat the oven at 230 degrees and grill paneer tikka in oven. Grill paneer tikka and other vegetables for 10 minutes or until the edges of the Paneer turn brown. If you want to make tawa paneer tikka, heat the tawa spread 2 tablespoon oil and shallow fry the tikkas with vegetables in the skewers all sides.
Serve Grilled Paneer Tikka Recipe hot with salad on side.
Difference between tandoori paneer tikka and normal paneer tikka is tandorri paneer tikka is cooked in tandoor (clay oven) and normal paneer tikka is cooked in oven or grill.