Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe is most popular paneer dish. Paneer is grilled with marinated yogurt and spices and then cooked in gravy. The ingredients list looks long but very easy to make once you have all ingredients together.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
For Paneer Tikka:
350 gram paneer
1 green pepper (capsicum)
1 tomato (slightly raw, hard skin)
1 teaspoon butter
¼ teaspoon carom seeds
1 teaspoon gram flour (besan)
½ cup thick yogurt
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon mustard oil
For Paneer tikka masala gravy:
2 medium onions
1 cup tomato puree
¾ cup cream
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
Cream or chopped coriander for garnish
Water as needed
Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Tikka Recipe:
1. Heat the butter in a pan. Add carom seeds and add gram flour. Roast until get gram flour smoky flavour. Blend it to make smooth paste with little water.
2. In a bowl, add yogurt, gram flour paste, chilli powder, kasoori methi powder, garam masala, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste. Mix well.
3. Cut the paneer in ½ thick cubes. Cut the green pepper and onion same size. Cut tomatoes in cubes but don’t use seeds or juice.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. Add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and add this mix straight way to yogurt bowl. Mix this well until all spices mix together.
5. Add paneer in the bowl and coat with the spice mix. Add other vegetable cubes as well and mix and coat with the spice mix.
6. Arrange vegetables and paneer in grilling tray.
7. Preheat the oven at 230 degrees and grill paneer tikka in oven. Grill paneer tikka and other vegetables for 10 minutes or until the edges of the Paneer turn brown. If you want to make tawa paneer tikka, heat the tawa spread 2 tablespoon oil and shallow fry the tikkas with vegetables in the skewers all sides. Difference between tandoori paneer tikka and normal paneer tikka is tandoori paneer is cooked in tandoor (clay oven) and normal paneer tikka is cooked in oven or grill.
How to make Paneer tikka masala recipe:
8. Chop the onions finely.
9. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds crackle, add chopped onions. When onions turn lightly golden brown, add ginger- garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt. Stir well.
10. Add plain flour. Stir and cook for 3-4 mins until the plain flour is cooked.
11. Add tomato puree, coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder. Mix well and cook until it turns to thick gravy. Keep mashing and stirring with the spoon.
12. Add a cup of water, bring it to boil, then add the grilled paneer tika along with all vegetables, garam masala and cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
13. Add cream and cook for 2-3 mins.
14. Finally turn off the heat and garnish the paneer tikka masala recipe with cream or chopped coriander.