Paneer Tikka Biryani is cooked with paneer tikka and with authentic spices.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
2 cup basmati rice
300 gram Paneer Tikka
3 medium size onions
1 teaspoons Ginger paste
1 teaspoons Garlic paste
2 tablespoon tomato puree
4 tablespoon Yogurt
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 star anise
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2-3 tablespoon Oil
Roasted cashew nuts or chopped coriander for garnishing
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Rice For The Paneer Tikka Biryani:
1. Take the rice in one pan and wash it (pour water into the pan and take it out by keeping your hand on the edge of the pan).
2. Boil 4 cups of water in the kettle and add into the rice pan.
3. Keep the pan on the full heat and add salt.
4. Cook it for 10-12 mins on full heat. It will need stirring in between.
5. Check rice taking one in your finger (be careful, it will be too warm) and pressing it. If it bit softer, it’s half-cooked.
6. Now place all rice into the sieve, run the cold water from the tap. So rice doesn’t get cooked in the steam, leave in the sieve – all water will be filtered from the rice. Leave for 2-3 mins to get rid of all water.
For Paneer Tikka Biryani Masala:
7. Slice the onions.
8. Heat the oil in pan and add the cumin seeds. When it crackles, add star anise, cinnamon stick, cardamom and bay leaves.
9. Stir it and add ginger and garlic paste, stir for a minute.
10. Now add sliced onions and cook for 10 mins or until it start getting golden brown colour.
11. Add tomato puree along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
12. Add the yogurt and simmer for 2 mins.
13. Add the Paneer tikka and chopped coriander leaves now, stir it. Cover the lid and cook it for 3-4 mins. So, all spices mix with paneer tikka perfectly.
14. Now add half rice to the pan and mix well with spices. Spread the paneer tikka biryani evenly. Add the remaining rice on the top of the paneer tikka biryani masala and spread evenly, cover the lid and let it cook for 8-10 mins in steam on slow heat (dum process).
15. Finally turn the heat off and garnish paneer tikka biryani with roasted cashew nuts or coriander leaves.
Serve paneer tikka biryani hot with salad or raita or as it is.