Paneer Pasanda Recipe is a popular rich dish from the Mughlai cuisine. Paneer is cooked as sandwich form stuffed with rich cashew nuts, almonds and raisins and then it is cooked in rich creamy gravy.
For Paneer Pasanda:
350 gram Paneer
2 tablespoon grated Paneer
1 small green chilli
4-5 cashew nuts
1 tablespoon Raisins
1 tablespoon green chutney
2 tablespoon corn flour
A pinch of salt
Water as needed
Oil for deep frying
For Paneer Pasanda Gravy:
2 large Onions
½ cup tomato puree
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon Chilli powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
½ cup Cream (or 1 cup milk, boil until it gets half of original quantity)
½ teaspoon sugar
½ cup Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. For Paneer Pasanda Feelings: Cut the paneer in triangle shape. Cut from the middle to make two slices like a sandwich. Don’t worry, if they are not perfect triangles. See the the 1st picture. For batter, Mix corn flour with water for stuffed paneer and set aside.
2. Chop the almond, cashew nuts, raisins and green chilli. You can either use powder of almond and cashew nuts instead of chopping it.
3. Mix grated paneer, chopped almonds, chopped green chilli, chopped raisins, green chutney and salt together.
4. Spread this mix on the paneer piece evenly and cover with another like a sandwich and dip gently it in corn flour paste and fry in oil till it is lightly golden. Drain this and set aside.
5. Boil the onions until cooked and blend to make smooth paste.
6. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when it crackle, Add the onion paste and cook for 5-7 mins on medium to slow heat. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan and avoid burning the onion paste.
7. Add ginger and garlic paste and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, sugar and garam masala powder and stir it.
9. Pour the tomato puree to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins. Keep stirring.
10. Add the yoghurt and mix well. Add some water to make gravy a bit thinner.
11. Now add cream and mix well. Keep stirring for 2-3 mins.
12. Add in the paneer pieces and mix well with the gravy. Let paneer pasanda simmer for 2-3 mins covering the lid on .
13. Finally turn of the heat and Garnish paneer pasanda recipes with cream on it.
Serve paneer pasanda recipe hot with chapatti, naan or rice.