Paneer Khurchan Recipe is basically paneer cooked with onions, green pepper, onions and regular spices. Khurchan means khurachna (to scrape), during the cooking this recipe gets scraped from the bottom many times which increase the taste to this paneer khurchan recipe.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
300 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
2 medium onions (pyaz)
1 green pepper (capsicum/bell pepper)
½ or 1 small red pepper (capsicum/bell pepper – Optional)
2 medium tomatoes (tamater)
2 garlic cloves (lahsun)
1 inch ginger root (adrak)
1-2 green chilies (hari mirch)
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
A pinch of asafoetida powder (hing)
½ teaspoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) crushed
2 tablespoon oil
Salt as required
How To Cook Paneer Khurchan Recipe:
1. Cut the paneer in strips. Chop the ginger, green chillies, green pepper, red pepper and garlic in julienne shape. Slice the onions. Chop the tomatoes.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or tawa. Add a pinch of asafoetida.
3. Add the sliced onions and saute them till they are transparent. Now add the cut garlic and ginger. Stir for a minute.
4. Then add the julienne capsicum and chopped tomatoes. Saute and stir for about about 8-10 mins on a low heat until green peppers get soft and tomatoes are bit mushy.
5. Now add all like turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. And add the
6. Mix well the spices with other veggies in the pan. Add the paneer pieces. Stir very well and increase the flame to high.
7. Now keep stirring with a spatula and make sure each paneer piece touching the tawa. So paneer can get cooked evenly and change to bit golden colour.
8. Cook for a minute and then scrape the paneer pieces from the botom of the pan. If the other vegetables are burning, turn the heat down for a bit.
9. Then again scrape the paneer and stir. Scrape all sticking bits from the pan.
10. Now take kasuri methi in palm and rub between hands till it turn to course powder. Add to the pan. Turn the heat off and mix well gently.