Paneer Kaju Masala Recipe is basically is paneer and cashew nuts are cooked in spicy and rich gravy of onions, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc…
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
250 gm Paneer (cottage cheese)
200 gm Cashew nuts (kaju)
1-2 tablespoon oil for shallow frying
2 garlic cloves (lahsun)
½ inch ginger root (adrak)
2 onions (pyaz)
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (khas khas)
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (surajmukhi ke dane)
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (kaddu ke dane)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tablespoon tomato paste (tamater ki paste)
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee) or
3 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
Water as required
How To Cook Paneer Kaju Masala Recipe:
1. Cut the paneer in rectangle or cubes and shallow fry in non-stick pan until lightly brown. Than take them out and fry the cashew nuts in same pan.
2. Peel the ginger and chop it. Chop the garlic and onions roughly.
3. Heat the ghee or butter in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. When the seeds start sizzling, turn the heat down and add the pumpkin, sunflower and poppy seeds. Then add the chopped garlic and ginger. Turn the heat on and cook till garlic and ginger are lightly brown.
4. Then add the roughly chopped onions and cook till transparent.
5. Add the tomato paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook until ghee or butter separated on sides.
6. Add the garam masala powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Add some water and cook for 2-3 mins.
7. Blend the masala using the hand blender to make smooth paste.
8. Now add the paneer and cashew nuts and let the paneer kaju masala simmer for 5 mins. Then turn the heat off.
If you want cashew nuts crunchy in this paneer kaju masala, add the cashew nuts after turning the heat off and mix well.