Paneer Capsicum Curry (Paneer Capsicum Masala) is simple curry made with paneer (cottage cheese) and mixed peppers (capsicum).
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
300g Paneer (cottage cheese)
1 green pepper (capsicum)
1 red pepper (red capsicum)
1 yellow pepper (yellow capsicum)
½ split roasted cashew nuts
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 cup tomato puree
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Cut the paneer in small rectangle or square. Dice the peppers (capsicums).
Heat the frying pan and cook all paneer pieces cook it each side until it golden brown (without oil). Soak paneer in salted hot water for 15 mins, this way paneer will turn out soft for paneer capsicum masala (instead of frying paneer, roasting like this makes paneer recipes healthier) .
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. When cumin seeds crackle, add grated ginger and stir for 30 secs.
3. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
4. Add the tomato puree and mix them all well. Let it cook for 5-6 mins, mixing in between until the oil separated on sides.
5. Add some water and salt to taste and bring it to boil. Simmer for 8-10 mins.
6. Add the paneer piece and the diced peppers (capsicum) and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes for all the flavours to blend well in paneer capsicum masala recipe.
7. Add cashew nuts and simmer for further 2 mins.
8. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve paneer capsicum curry recipe hot with chapatti, naan bread, paratha or rice.
You can add garlic paste along with grated ginger for garlicky flavour in paneer capsicum curry recipe.
If you want onions in this paneer capsicum masala, add one or two finely chopped onions after adding ginger (and garlic if you are using). Sauté until onions turn light brown and then follow above steps.