Paneer Biryani Recipe is one of the easy indian biryani recipe. Paneer Biryani is simple biryani recipe and it can be cooked within 30 mins.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
2 cup basmati rice
300 gram Paneer
3 medium size onions
1 teaspoon Ginger paste
1 teaspoon Garlic paste
2 tablespoon tomato puree
4 tablespoon Yogurt
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 star anise
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 Green chilli
10 roasted cashew nuts
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
How To Cook Paneer Biryani Recipe:
Rice For The Biryani:
1. Take the rice in one pan and wash it (pour water into the pan and take it out by keeping your hand on the edge of the pan).
2. Boiled 4 cups of water in the kettle and add into the rice pan.
3. Keep the pan on the full heat and add salt.
4. Cook it for 10-12 mins on full heat. It will need stirring in between.
5. Check rice taking one in your finger (be careful, it will be too warm) and pressing it. If it bit softer, it’s three fourth cooked.
6. Now place all rice into the sieve, all water will be filtered from the rice. run the cold water over the rice and Leave for some minutes to get rid of all water.
For Paneer Biryani Masala:
8. Slices the onions, chop the chilli.
9. Cut paneer in small rectangle. Heat the frying pan and cook all paneer pieces cook it each side until it golden brown (without oil). Soak paneer in salted hot water for 15 mins, this way paneer will turn out soft for paneer biryani (instead of frying paneer, roasting like this makes paneer recipes healthier) .
10. Heat the oil in pan and add the cumin seeds. When it crackles, add star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom and bay leaves.
11. Stir it and add ginger and garlic paste, stir for a minute and add chopped chilli and cook it for another 2 mins.
Now add sliced onions and cook for 10 mins or until it start getting golden brown colour. Cover the lid and keep stirring in between.
12. Add tomato puree along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
13. Add Paneer and chopped coriander leaves now, stir it. Cover the lid and cook it for 3-4 mins. So, all spices mix with paneer perfectly.
14. Now add rice on the top the paneer biryani masala and spread evenly, cover the lid and let it cook for 8-10 mins with steam on slow heat.
15. Finally turn off the heat and garnish this easy biryani with roasted cashew nuts.