Mutton Masala is very easy to make and masaledar meat curry.
Cooking Time: Appr. An hour
Serves: 2-3 People
500 gram boneless lean lamb
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary (optional)
5-6 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Wash and cut lamb in small pieces.
2. Marinade meat pieces in garlic paste, ginger paste, lemon juice and chopped rosemary for half an hour.
3. Peel the ginger and mince it. Mince the garlic.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add all marinade lamb pieces in the pan. Cook on covering the lid on slow heat and stir in between. Let the steam water go in to the pan when you open the lid to stir it. Cook for 25 mins.
5. Add mince garlic and ginger and cook for 5 mins. Cook on covering the lid on slow heat and stir in between. Let the steam water go in to the pan when you open the lid to stir it.
4. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook for further 5 mins covering the lid on slow heat and stir in between. Let the steam water go in to the pan when you open the lid to stir it.
6. Add some water (around 1 cup) and cook meat curry on medium to slow heat for 10 mins. Stir in between.
7. Add garam masala and cook meat curry for further 5 mins on slow heat. Stir in between. Check the meat pieces to make sure, it is cooked. If it is not cooked, cook until meat is cooked.
8. Finally turn off the heat and garnish meat masala with chopped coriander.
Serve Mutton Masala Recipe hot with chapatti, naan bread or rice.