Mushroom Paneer Masala Recipe is Fried Paneer and Sauted Mushroom cooked in a onion and tomato based gravy, with the added nuttiness of ground cashew nuts to give a full flavoursome curry.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
350g Paneer (cottage cheese)
1 pack of mushroom
2 medium onions
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon garlic-ginger paste
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida (hing powder)
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
¼ plain beaten yogurt
¼ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 teaspoon cashew nut paste
2 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon butter
Salt to taste
1. Chop the onions and boil for 3-5 mins. Blend it to make smooth paste with little water.
2. Cut the paneer in cubes. Melt the butter non-stick pan and fry the paneer on both sides until lightly brown.
3. In the same pan, sauté the mushroom for 3-4 mins.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to crackle add the asafoetida (hing powder).
5. Now add the onion paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Next, add the tomato paste, coriander powder and garam masala powder and cook until the oil separates on the side from the gravy.
7. Now add the sauted mushrooms and salt and cook for a further 2 mins. Then add the yoghurt and cashew paste, mix well and simmer for 2 mins.
8. Add the fried paneer cubes, cumin powder, sugar and water (if required to make more gravy). Cover and cook the mushroom paneer masala on a low heat for 3-4 mins.
9. Add the kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves), mix well the mushroom paneer masala and turn the heat off.
Serve Mushroom Paneer Masala Recipe hot with Naan Bread, Paratha or Rice.