Mushroom Palak Curry is mushroom cooked with spinach and various spices. Mushrooms can be cooked many ways, curry can be one of those.
Cooking Time: Appr. 15 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
300gm Button Mushrooms
250gm Spinach (palak)
1 tablespoom ginger paste (adrak paste)
2 green chillies (hari mirch)
2 tomatoes (tamater)
2 bay leaves (tej patta)
2 small cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
½ red chilli powder (lal mirch)
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
How To Cook Mushroom Palak Curry:
1. Wash the spinach and blanch for couple of mins. Let it cools down and then chop it finely.
2. Chop the green chillies and tomatoes. Wash the button mushrooms and cut in quarters or as you want.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. When the seed crackle, add the cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
4. Then add the chopped chillies and ginger paste. Stir for some seconds then add chopped tomatoes. Stir them and add all spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Stir and cook until tomatoes look mushy. Add the salt to taste.
5. Now add the mushrooms and stir well. Cook for 5 mins or until water absorbed.
6. Add the spinach and mix well. Cook for further few mins.
Serve the mushroom palak curry with chapatti, paratha or rice.