Methi Puda Recipe is a great recipe of besan (gram flour). Methi Puda is a gujarati snack recipe for the breakfast or evening light meal. It is one of the delicious recipes with methi leaves (fenugreek leaves). This methi puda is also alternative for dosa as this is cooked as besan dosa and alternative for a pancake.
Cooking Time: Appr. 15-20 Minutes
Serves: 5-6 People
1 cup gram flour (besan)
1 cup rice flour
¼ cup wheat flour
1 cup Methi Leaves (fenugreek leaves)
½ cup coriander leaves
2 green chillies
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 cup yogurt
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Oil for shallow frying
How To Cook Methi Puda Recipe:
2. Wash and chop the methi (fenugreek leaves), coriander leaves and green chillies.
3. Add the chopped green chillies, chopped methi (fenugreek leaves), ginger paste and garlic paste in the batter. Mix well.
4. Heat the oil (1 teaspoon) on non-stick tawa or a non-stick wide frying pan. Add the methi puda batter with big spoon (2-3 full spoons) and spread it to make wide puda like chapatti. Cook on medium heat.
5. When the edges are brown, flip carefully. If you struggle to flip it and methi puda sticks on the pan/tawa, use the knife to remove from the pan/tawa under the edge of methi puda for ease of flipping.
6. Cook until it changes the colour to lightly brown.
7. Finish cooking all the besan ka puda (methi puda).
Serve the besan puda (methi puda) warm with tomato ketchup, pickle or green chutney.