Masala Chapathi is simple indian breakfast recipe using leftover Chapattis (whole wheat roti).
Cooking Time: Appr. 15 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
4-5 leftover Chapattis (whole wheat roti)
1-2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped Coriander for garnishing
1. Chop the onion and garlic.
2. Tear the leftover chapattis and make small pieces or make crumble the chapatti.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add sesame seeds and chopped garlic.
4. When sesame seeds crackle, add chopped onion. Stir and cook for 3-4 mins.
5. Add turmeric powder and red chili powder. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
6. Add crumbled chapattis or small chapatti pieces and stir well.
7. Add salt, lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and cook covered for further 2 mins on slow heat.
8. Finally turn the heat off and garnish masala chapathi with chopped coriander. Mix well before serving.
Serve leftover chapati snack hot as a breakfast or evening snack with cup of tea or coffee
1. Grind the chapattis and make coarse powder. Add ¼ cup plain yogurt after adding all spices. It will add moist texture and give tangy taste to this Masala Chapathi recipe.
2. You can add fried Peanuts to give crunchiness to this Masala Chapathi recipe.
3. You can use any chapatti like bajri chapatti (millet flour chapatti), rice chapatti or even leftover breads.
4. You can use finely chopped chilli instead of red chilli powder (add before adding all spice).