Malai Chicken Tikka is cheesy and creamy grilled chicken. Chicken Malai Tikka also known as Murgh Malai Tikka, Murg Malai Tikka Kabab, etc…
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
3 medium size chicken breasts
½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoon Corn Flour
1 green chilli (optional)
1 tablespoon garlic-ginger paste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (finely)
1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
5-6 skewers – depends on size (optional for grilling tray)
Salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken breast in medium chicken pieces.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and salt to the chicken pieces. Mix well and keep aside for 30 mins.
3. Take mozzarella cheese in a bowl and mash up with hand to make soft dough.
4. Add the cream cheese and corn flour. Mix all together well to make it in to smooth paste.
5. Add the finely chopped chilli (optional), kasoori methi, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
6. Add this creamy mix to the chicken pieces and mix well. Make sure all chicken pieces are coated with the creamy mixure. Cover it and refrigerate to marinade overnight or at least 2 hours. Take the marinated chicken out from the refrigerator before half an hour of grilling.
7. Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 mins (optional for grilling tray).
8. Arrange all marinated chicken malai tikka pieces on to skewers or grilling tray.
9. Grill malai chicken tikka at 220 degree Celsius preheated oven for 20-25 mins. (You can grill one side for 15 mins and other side for 10 mins or until it cooked and looks brown on some part of chicken.)
Serve malai chicken tikka recipe hot with salad and chutney on the side as a starter dish.
You can substitute cream cheese by using thick yogurt and normal cream.