Loaded Potato Skins are stuffed baked potato skins with sundried tomatoes, green olives, garlic, Mexicana cheese and fresh herbs.
Cooking Times: Appr. 45 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
6 medium size potatoes
2 slices of breads
1 red chilli
3 garlic cloves
50g sundried tomatoes
50g green olives
100g grated Mexicana cheese
1 spring fresh rosemary
2 springs fresh thyme
Freshly crushed black pepper
1. Cut in potatoes in middle to make two equal halves.
2. Microwave the cut potatoes for 10 mins.
3. Bake the potatoes in preheated oven at 220 degree C until the skin gets brown and crispy.
4. Blend the breads in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
5. Peel the garlic cloves and crush them.
6. Chop the sundried tomatoes, red chilli and olives finely.
7. Remove the rosemary and thyme leaves from the spring and chop them finely.
8. Take the breadcrumbs, crushed garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme, chopped sundried tomatoes, red chilli and olives. Mix them well.
9. Add the half grated Mexicana cheese and freshly crushed black pepper. Mix well.
10. Scoop out the potatoes leaving the skin.
11. Add the scooped out potatoes in the mix and mix well.
12. Stuff the potato skin with the mix and press with the remaining grated Mexicana cheese.
13. Bake the loaded potato skins for 10-15 mins at preheated oven at 220 degree C.
Serve loaded potato skins hot as starter/appetizer.