Lamb Moussaka Recipe (Mousaka Recipe) is a Greek lamb recipe with full of flavours.
Cooking Time: Appr. An Hour And 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
350g minced lamb
8 medium potatoes
1 tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 tablespoon tomato puree
2 bay leaves
175ml red wine
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cube vegetable stock
3 garlic cloves
2-3 tablespoon olive oil
300ml ricotta lasagne sauce
50g grated cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
1. Grate or crush the garlics. Chop the onions. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Add flour in the minced lamb and mix well.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the bay leaves, minced or grated garlic and onions. Cook until onions are transparent.
4. Add the minced lamb, oregano and cook until browned on low to medium heat.
5. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, freshly crushed black pepper and red wine. Bring it to boil and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally until lamb is tender. Season again, if it is required.
6. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and slice the aubergine and potatoes in ½ “ sizes.
7. Preheat the oven at 220 degree C.
8. Pour the half cooked minced lamb in a large ovenproof dish. Cover with layer of sliced potatoes and then layer of sliced aubergine. Pour half ricotta lasagne sauce and spread it. Repeat the layers again, cooked minced lamb first, then sliced potatoes, sliced aubergine and ricotta lasagne sauce, spread the sauce evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on the top of the lamb mousaka recipe.
9. Bake the lamb moussaka recipe for 45 mins or until golden crust on the top.
Serve lamb moussaka recipe hot with choice of your side dish.