Lachha Paratha is layered indian flat bread. This Laccha Paratha is a north Indian lachha paratha recipe.
Cooking Time Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 People
1 cup wheat flour
½ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
Ghee or oil
Water as needed
Ghee or oil for shallow frying
1. Boil some water in a kettle.
2. Take the flour in a large bowl. Make a hole in the middle of the flour and add the oil or ghee, sugar and
salt, mix well with hands.
3. Now make another hole in the middle of the mixed flour. Add some boiled water and mix it with a spoon as it will be too warm to mix by hand.
4. Add some more water and keep mixing with the spoon. Do not add too much water as you need to maintain the consistency to form the mix.
5. After a few mins you can use your hand to mix it properly and make it into a smooth dough. All the flour should be turned into dough.
6. Now take a size of a tennis ball. Press it in between your hands and dip both sides in the wheat flour.
7. Roll on the rolling pin. Dust the flour for ease of rolling.
9. Pleat the chapatti to make folds as shown in the 1st picture.
10. Now stretch this folded chapatti in round and twist and roll it like 2nd picture.
11. Keep it covered for 5 minutes and finish all other chapatti like this.
12. Now start from 1st one rolling gently, so you can see layers. Do not flip it, roll only 1 side gently to make paratha.
13. Heat the frying pan or tawa and place lachha paratha on it.
14. Turn the laccha paratha over after 30 secs.
15. After that apply some oil or ghee on it and flip it again. Apply some oil or ghee again on other side and flip and cook on that side.
16. When done take it out. Repeat same procedure for remaining lachha paratha.
Serve hot lachha paratha with any curry.