Kopra pak recipe is sweet made from fresh grated coconut or desiccated coconut. Kopra pak is also known as topra pak in some parts of Gujarat. Here is kopra pak recipe laddu version.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 6-7 People
200 gram fresh grated coconut or Desiccated Coconut
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoon Ghee (clarified butter)
½ teaspoon Saffron Strands (Kesar)
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
¼ cup chopped dried fruits (like cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds)
1 cup water
1. Heat the heavy bottom pan. Add the sugar and water and boil until it gets a little more than half cup sugar syrup in pan.
2. Once it gets to a little more than half cup syrup, add saffron strands (kesar) and boil for few more mins.
3. Heat the ghee in a separate pan and add fresh grated coconut or desiccated coconut. Stir and cook for 3-4 mins.
4. Add the sugar syrup and cardamom powder. Stir continuously for 2- mins.
5. Add the chopped dried fruits. Mix well all ingredients.
6. Turn the heat off and remove from the heat. Allow kopra pak to cool down slightly. Once it is cooled down, take bit in your palm and roll to make small laddu.