Kala Chana Chaat (black chana chaat) is made from black chick peas with other veggies. Enjoy this chat pata chana chaat.
Cooking Time: Appr. 10 Minutes
Serves: 4 people
2 cup of boiled black chickpeas (also known as kale chane, kala chana or kaale chane)
2 large red onions
1 large tomato
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 green chilli
1 small raw mango
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala
½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic-ginger paste
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. How to boil black chick peas: Soak the kala chana (black chickpeas) overnight (or for at least 8 hours). Boil the kaale chane until it is cooked. Once it is cooked, it will be soft and you can mash easily by pressing it in between your fingers.
2. Chop the onions, tomato and green chilli.
3. Remove the seed from the raw mango and chop it.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic-ginger paste and stir it for few secs.
5. Now add boiled kale chane (black chick peas) and chopped green chilli. Stir it for few more secs.
6. Then Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and stir well. Cook it 5 mins.
7. Now add chopped onions, chopped tomato, chopped coriander and chopped raw mango. Stir well to mix everything together.
8. Finally turn off the heat and Add lemon juice, sprinkle chaat masala and amchur powder (dried mango powder) and mix well.
Serve kala chana chaat recipe as a snack or a starter or a light lunch.