Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is an Italian chicken recipe cooked with lots of tomatoes and herbs.
Cooking Time: Appr. 50 Minutes
Serves: 3 People
3 chicken breasts
2 large onions
750g fresh tomatoes
2 tablespoon tomato puree
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 springs of fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
175ml white wine
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
1. Chop the onions and mushroom. Remove the leaves from the spring and chop them finely.
2. Chop the tomatoes and crush or mince the garlics.
3. Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Fry the chicken until sealed.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a separate large pan. Add the chopped onions until cooked and transparent.
6. Add the crushed or minced garlic and cook for 2 mins.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chopped rosemary, bay leaf, white wine and white wine vinegar. Add the salt and freshly crushed pepper. Bing it boil and simmer for 20 mins.
8. Once it’s thickened, add the chicken pieces. Cover and cook Italian chicken cacciatore recipe for further 30 mins on a low heat.
Serve Italian chicken cacciatore recipe hot with garlic breads.