Honey Roasted Vegetables is a perfect side dish for roasted dinner especially for Christmas dinner. Honey Roasted Vegetables is a perfect vegetarian christmas dinner for vegetarian.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes (roasting) + 5 Minutes (Simmering)
Serves: 4-5 People
500g Brussels sprouts
4 tablespoon oil (olive or sunflower)
4 tablespoon honey
Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Chop the top and bottom end of parsnips and carrots. Peel and cut in 2-3 inch lengthwise size. Cut in half or quarter lengthwise, if they are too thick.
2. Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut in halves.
3. Put all vegetables in a pan and cover with cold water. Add the salt and bring it to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
4. Drain well and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a roasting pan at 220 degree C for 5 mins in the oven.
6. Add the simmered vegetables and stir gently until all vegetables are coated with the oil.
7. Roast for 10 mins and stir gently. Roast for further 10 mins.
8. Drizzle honey and sprinkle the freshly crushed black pepper and stir well but gently.
9. Roast the honey roasted vegetables for additional 10 mins. Your perfect vegetarian christmas dinner is ready to eat as a side.
Serve honey roasted vegetables as a side dish with roasted dinner.