Green Peas Masala is very simple curry recipe. Green Peas Masala is made from dried green peas but you can use fresh green peas. Do not boil the green peas and cook longer with the spice until peas are cooked.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
1 cup dried green peas
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Soak the dried green or white peas overnight. Wash and drain it, boil with water until the peas are soft. Don’t overcook it to get mushy.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. When seeds crackle, add garlic ginger paste and stir for a minute.
4. Add boiled peas, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
5. Add garam masala, salt and lemon juice and cook it for 5 mins. Sprinkle some water, if it gets too dried and keep stirring to avoid peas stick to bottom of the pan. You can add more water, if you want green peas curry (green pea curry).
6. Finally turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot this green peas masala recipe with chapatti or rice.