Gobi Baingan Curry (Cauliflower Eggplant Curry) is cauliflower florets and eggplant in spicy gravy. Gobi Baingan Curry is also known as Cauliflower Eggplant Curry and Aubergine Cauliflower Curry.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
1 big aubergine (eggplant)
1 small cauliflower
2 large tomatoes
3-4 garlic clove
1 inch ginger
2 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut the aubergine (eggplant) in cubes.
2. Cut the cauliflower in medium florets.
3. Boil the onions and tomatoes for 4-5 mins.
4. Grind the boiled tomatoes, boiled onion, ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and chopped coriander powder with ½ cup water to make paste.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seed. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida.
6. Add the aubergine cubes (eggplant cubes) and stir for few mins.
7. Add the cauliflower florets to the pan. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Add the masala paste to curry. Stir well and let cauliflower eggplant curry t cook for 10 mins on low heat.
9. Add some water (or as much as you want in curry) to the curry. Bring it to boil and let the gobi baingan curry simmer for 5-8 mins.
10. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve the aubergine cauliflower curry hot with naan bread, chapatti, paratha or rice.