Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes is a perfect mashed potatoes side dish for any roast dinner.
Cooking Time: Appr. 15-20 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
1.5kg maris piper potatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 spring of fresh rosemary
½ cup semi-skimmed milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoons freshly crushed pepper
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Wash and peel the maris piper potatoes. Cut in 2-3 inch pieces.
2. Add the cut potatoes into a large pot/pan and cover by the potatoes about 1 inch with cold water.
3. Place over medium heat and simmer potatoes for 15-20 mins without boiling or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Remove the rosemary leaves from the spring and chop finely. Keep aside.
5. Mince the garlic and keep aside.
6. Strain potatoes and set aside for mashing.
7. Heat the oil in a small pan and add minced garlic and chopped rosemary. Sauté it over the medium heat until brown.
8. Add the fried chopped rosemary and garlic to the potatoes back to the pot and mash the potatoes with potato masher.
9. Add the milk, salt, butter and pepper, and mash with potato masher. So everything in garlic rosemary mashed potatoes can blend with each other well.
Serve the garlic rosemary mashed potatoes as a side dish with roast dinner.