This Easy Hummus Recipe has got a little kick. Hummus is a very easy and popular Middle Eastern dip recipe. Hummus is used around the world as dip and it is very easy to make sandwiches for lunchbox, or simply to serve with breadsticks, pitta or raw vegetables like cucumber stick, carrot stick, celery stick etc…
Cooking Time: Appr. 15 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
400 gram canned chickpeas
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
2-3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 fresh red chilli (add extra for more spiciness)
2 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
¼ cup water (or less for thicker hummus dip)
2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1. To make easy hummus recipe, drain the chickpeas and rinse them.
2. Chop the red chillies and garlic.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and chilli and sauté for 2-3 mins.
4. Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt, roasted sesame seeds, vinegar, water and sautéed chilli-garlic oil in a food processor, and blend to a smooth paste.
Serve this homemade hummus recipe as dip with breadsticks, pitta or raw vegetables like cucumber stick, carrot stick, celery stick etc… or spread on the sandwich to make hummus sandwich.
1. Sauté 4-5 chopped garlic cloves in oil and grind with all other ingredients listed here apart of chilli to make garlic hummus recipe. For roasted garlic hummus, Roast 4-5 garlic cloves for 10-15 mins at 220 degree Celsius and then grind with all other ingredients listed here apart of chilli to make roasted garlic hummus.
2. To make roasted red pepper hummus, roast the red pepper for 20 mins at 220 degree Celsius and remove the skin or leave it. Then grind with all other ingredients listed here apart of chilli to make roasted red pepper hummus.