Curried Potato Soup is cooked with peas, onion and ground spices.
Cooking Time: Appr. 35 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
4 medium potatoes
1 cup frozen peas
3-4 large garlic cloves
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 red chilli
4-5 tablespoon cream
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 tablespoon chopped coriander for garnish
2 tablespoon oil
1. Peel the potatoes and cut in small cubes.
2. Chop the onion and chilli. Mince the garlic.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add potato cubes, chopped onion and mince garlic. Saute for 5 mins, keep stirring in between.
4. Meanwhile heat a small pan with a glass of water and add vegetable cubes. Bring it to boil and boil until vegetable stocks dissolve properly.
5. Add chopped red chilli, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Cook for a minute and stirring constantly.
6. Add boiled vegetable stock water. Bring it to boil. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the potato cubes are tender.
7. Add the peas and cook Sweet pea soup with potatoes for another 5-7 mins.
8. Add the cream and cook Curried Potato Soup for further 2 mins.
9. Finally turn off the heat and garnish Curried Potato Soup with chopped coriander.
Serves Curried Potato Soup hot with naan bread, bread roll or as it is.