Crispy Chips Recipe is for fries lovers. When we make chips at home, it normally gets soggy. Here is perfect crispy chips recipe (crispy finger chips) for potato chips.
Cooking Time: Appr. 12 Minutes per batch
Serves: 4 People
4-5 large potatoes
2 tablespoons vinegar
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Oil for frying
1. Peel the potatoes and cut thin or thick whichever you prefer long chip size. For crispy French fries recipe cut it thinner.
2. Place potatoes and vinegar in a pan and add water and 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5-7 minutes. Potatoes should be slightly tender, but not cooked properly.
3. Drain and wipe it with kitchen roll. Allow it to dry for 5 mins.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. When oil starts boiling add the potato chips and turn the heat to medium. Cook for a minute, stir occasionally. Now remove from the heat and place on kitchen roll to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the same process with remaining potato chips. It will be 3-4 potato chips batches to fry.
5. Allow potato chips to cool down to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Freeze the potato chips for at least 2 hours.
6. Heat the same oil in a pan again. When oil starts boiling, add potato chips and turn the heat to medium. Fry potato chips until crisp and light golden brown, about 3-4 mins. Now remove crispy chips from the heat and place on kitchen roll to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the same process with remaining potatoes chips to make crispy French fries recipe.
7. Season the crispy chips with salt and vinegar. Cooked chips can be kept hot and crisp on a wire rack set on a tray in a hot oven.
Serve crispy chips (crispy finger chips) immediately with your choice of dip.