Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas for the Halloween – a step by step guidance with the pictures to carve pumpkin lantern for the Halloween.
Pumpkin carving Kit
Sharp Knife (or trimming knife) ,
Small pointed screwdriver or toothpick
Pumpkin Carving Method:
1. Basic pumpkin carving kit: You can use sharp knife (or trimming knife), pen, small pointed screwdriver or toothpick and spoon from your cutlery or buy the pumpkin carving kit from amazon.
2. Now check the pumpkin all around and look for flattest surface. It doesn’t matter, if you haven’t got flat surface on pumpkin. Slightly flat surface will make the carving job a bit easier.
3. Now draw the face or design of your choice on pumpkin with the pan. You can stick the printed design template with the tap and punch out dotted lines using pointer or small screwdriver. When you punch through your design remember the more holes you make the more clearly you’ll see the design when you remove the paper.
4. Lay the newspaper on your working area. Make round circle or hexagon with a pen on the top of the pumpkin, around two inches from the stalk. Using a sharp knife with the blade pointing away from you, cut along those lines. Keep holding the stalk and pull it.
5. Remove the lid and scoop out the seeds and flesh with the spoon. You can either use your hand for the best result.
If you have drawn the face or design with pen, now punch out to make dotted line using pointer or small screwdriver. Make sure you punch out each dot close to each other. It will be easy to cut it.
6. Take the knife (or trimming knife) and cut along the dotted lines through the flesh and into the pumpkin. Then push on that section from the inside and it will come out easily.
7. Lit up the small candle votive or red fleshy LED light and place gently inside the pumpkin. Cover the lid. Your pumpkin lantern is ready for the Halloween.
Tips and Tricks:
There is several free pumpkin carving design available online. Search for them and make your own design.
You can use your own imagination for creative pumpkin carving ideas to make your creative pumpkin lantern.
If the pumpkin starts to shrivel, fill up a deep sink and soak the entire carved pumpkin for a couple hours. It will come to life.