Chicken Peanut Satay (Peanut Butter Chicken Satay) is delicious starter. This Chicken Peanut Satay recipe is Indian-Thai style recipe. This easy chicken satay recipe has got bit spicy kick. Please reduce green chilli or don’t add at all, if you like mild satay chicken.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 People
4 chicken breast fillets
Peanut sauce to marinate the chicken:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
4 tablespoons dark soy sauce (or 5 tablespoon soy sauce)
3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons curry powder (Or ½ teaspoon chilli powder, ½ teaspoon coriander seeds or powder, ¾ turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and ½ fenugreek seeds)
3 cloves garlic
½ inch ginger
2 green chillies
Salt to taste
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
3 medium onions
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (or 2 tablespoon soy sauce)
1 teaspoon oil
Salt to taste
Wooden Skewers (or metal) to thread the chicken for grilling
1. Peel the ginger and chop it.
2. Chop garlic cloves and chillies.
3. Take peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, curry powder (or all ingredients mentioned above in the bracket), chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped chillies, and salt in the grinder. Grind it and make it smooth satay marinade paste.
4. Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces and marinate with satay marinade paste. Leave it aside for at least 2 hours.
5. Cut peppers and onions in thin strips.
6. Heat the oil in the pan and add all peppers and onion. Cook it for 5 mins.
7. Add soy sauce and salt, stir and cook it for another 5 mins.
8. Soak the skewers in water for at least half an hour.
9. Preheat oven grill on 220 degree Celsius.
10. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, then grill for 8-10 minutes or until it is cooked.
11. Skip the steps 8-10, if you are using healthy grill. Preheat the grill and cook the chicken pieces for 10 mins or until it is cooked.
Serve hot chicken satay with peanut satay sauce and Peppers-onions salad.