Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe is cooked with green peppers (known as bell pepper, capsicum or Shimla mirch) and authentic spices. Chicken Jalfrezi is dried curry. You can add some water to make chicken jalfrezi with thick gravy.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
4 chicken breasts
3 large onions
4 large tomatoes
2 green peppers (capsicum)
4 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon tomato puree
2 tablespoon yogurt
2 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 tablespoon oil or butter
Salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken in rectangle pieces like small strips.
2. Mix half of the grated ginger and grated garlic, garam masala powder, lemon juice and salt together.
3. Marinade the chicken with this mix for 2-3 hours.
4. Peel the onion and chop in very fine pieces.
5. Peel the ginger and grate it. Grate the garlic cloves.
6. Dice the green peppers.
7. Cut the tomatoes in big chunks.
8. Heat the 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a wok or in a pan.
9. Add the remaining garlic and ginger paste, stir for a minute.
10. Add the chopped onions and fry for 6-8 mins.
11. Add the tomato chunks and diced peppers and stir and cook until onions become transparent and tomatoes and peppers are half cooked, approximately 6-8 mins.
12. Heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a pan, add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes on high.
13. Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and tomato purée and simmer on low heat, until chicken is cooked.
14. Stir-fry on high heat until excess gravy is disappeared and chicken looks well fried.
15. Add the fried vegetables mix, prepared earlier, and stir Chicken Jalfrezi for a few minutes.
16. Add the yogurt and kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and (add some water, if you wish to) Stir well. Cook the Chicken Jalfrezi for 2 mins.
17. Finally turn off the heat and garnish Chicken Jalfrezi with chopped coriander.