Chicken Butter Masala is also called Butter Chicken and chicken makhani. This easy butter chicken is very rich in taste as cashew nuts, butter, cream, milk and yogurt is used in this chicken dish. This is one of the tastiest chicken makhani recipes.
Cooking Time: Appr. 45 Minutes
Serves: 3 People
3 Chicken breasts
1 cup Tomato puree
½ cup Thick cream
3 large Onion
2 teaspoon ginger paste
2 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
1½ teaspoon Red chili powder
1 tablespoon Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
4-6 Cashew nuts
2 tablespoon Butter
½ cup milk
2 tablespoon yogurt (thick and whisked)
2 tablespoon chopped coriander for garnish
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Cut chicken in small pieces.
2. Marinade chicken pieces in 1 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 teaspoon ginger paste, lemon juice and salt for at least half an hour.
3. Remove the skin of onions and cut in halves. Boil it for 10 mins.
4. Cool and grind in to a smooth paste.
5. Boil cashew nuts in milk for 7-8 mins and grind it
6. Roast Kasuri Methi and crush with your hand. Use the sieve to get rid of big bits from powder and leave aside.
7. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in frying pan and cook chicken for 10 mins or until it cooked. Stir it few times. It will release water but it will dry out once it is cooked. You can use light spray, if you want to instead of butter but
cooking chicken in butter is suggested.
8. Heat the butter in the pan and add onion paste and fry for 5 mins.
9. Now add remaining ginger and garlic paste and stir for 2 mins.
10. Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and stir it well.
11. Now add cashew nuts-milk mix, yogurt and tomato puree, salt, sugar and cook it for 10 mins or till butter leaves from the sides of the pan.
12. Now add cooked chicken pieces in makhani sauce and mix well. Then add cream and kasuri methi powder (dried fenugreek leaves powder) and mix it well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
13. Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve this chicken butter masala recipe with Naan or chapatti.