Cherry Tomato Curry Recipe is unusual tomato curry recipe. This tomato curry recipe is rich in taste as the gravy is cashew based in this recipe.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
1kg cherry tomatoes
2 red onions
2 large tomatoes
10-12 cashew nuts (in broken pieces)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
½ spoon of garam masala powder
3 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Water as needed
Salt to taste
1. Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
2. Peel the ginger and chop it. Chop the garlic.
3. Heat a tablespoon oil in a pan. Add the chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add the chopped onions and sauté until it gets transparent.
5. Add the plain flour and keep stirring. Now add chopped tomatoes and cashew nuts and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Blend this cooked mixture to make smooth paste for the gravy with adding some water.
7. Poke the cherry tomatoes with toothpick, so the gravy can go inside to the cherry tomatoes.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds crackle, add the cherry tomatoes. Stir them for 2 mins on medium heat.
9. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt and stir for a minute.
10. Add the onion and tomato paste with some water and bring the cherry tomato curry to boil. Simmer the curry for 5 mins.
11. Finally turn off the heat and garnish cherry tomato curry with chopped coriander.