Cauliflower Bhaji Recipe is cooked with green peas (Gobi Mutter Masala) and tomatoes. This cauliflower bhaji recipe can be eaten as main course or side dish with rice or chapatti.
Cooking Time: Appr. 15-20 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People
1 medium cauliflower
½ cup fresh or frozen peas
½ tomato puree
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash the cauliflower and cut in small florets. You can add cauliflower leaves too by chopping the leaves finely.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida.
3. Add the cauliflower florets (and chopped leaves, if you are using). Stir well and cover with the lid. Stir the cauliflower in between. When you open the lid for stirring the cauliflower, let the steam water from the lid go inside the pan. Cook the cauliflower for 2-3 mins.
4. Add the green peas and tomato puree. Cook for further 5 mins by covering the lid.
5. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir well and cook for 5 mins.
6. Add the garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
7. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve the cauliflower bhaji recipe (gobi mutter masala) hot with chapatti or rice.
You can add 2 chopped onions or sliced onions before adding cauliflower and saute for 4-5 mins. Then follow all above steps to make Gobi Mutter.
You can add 1 tablespoon garlic-ginger paste after adding asafoetida. Then follow all above steps to make Gobi Mutter.