Cashew Nuts Chickpea Coconut Curry is cashew nuts and chickpeas cooked in onions and coconut gravy.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 Persons
200g cashew nuts
1 tinned chickpeas
2 large red onions
2-3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4-5 small green cardamoms
1 green chilli
1 small cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 knorr vegetable stock tub
½ cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for an hour.
2. Make a coarse powder of cumin seeds, coriander seeds and green cardamoms using a pestle and mortar.
3. Slice the onions in moon rings. Crush the garlic. Chop the green chilli.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic, stir for few secs then add onion slices. Stir fry until onions get transparent.
5. Add the chopped green chilli, coarse powder of cumin, coriander and cardamoms, turmeric powder and cinnamon stick. Cook for another minute.
6. Add the knorr vegetable stock and bring to boil. Stir continuously.
7. Now add coconut milk and bring it to boil.
8. Add the cashew nuts and chickpeas. Add the salt and water as or if needed. Simmer cashew nuts chickpea coconut curry for 15 mins.
Serve cashew nuts chickpea coconut curry warm with rice or flat bread.