This Broccoli Soup is cooked with red lentils. Broccoli soup is very healthy and easy to digest.
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Mins
Serves: 3-4 People
1 medium size broccoli
1 cup Masoor Dal (red lentils)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon tomato paste (or 1 tablespoon tomato puree)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon of Asafoetida (hing powder)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash the masoor dal (red lentils) and soak under the water for 10 mins for red lentil soup recipe.
2. To make lentil soup, Boil the red lentils with the water until it is half cooked.
3. Cut the broccoli in small piece.
4. When the masoor dal is half cooked, add the broccoli pieces to the dal. After few mins add salt, lemon juice and tomato paste (or tomato puree).
5. Boil until the broccoli and dal are cooked.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oil into the separate pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
7. When the seeds crackle, turn the heat off. Add immediately Asafoetida (hing powder), chilli powder and turmeric powder and stir for few secs.
8. Now add spice mix to the broccoli lentil soup. Mix well and cook this easy lentil soup recipe for 2-3 mins.
Finally turn off the heat.
Serve hot broccoli and dal soup with bread rolls or as it is.